Titanium Jen Trekking to a Cure.


Titanium Jen Trekking to a cure.

This is a post for both those of you that have been following my fundraising adventures and those of you who haven’t, here is the story, I trek. I don’t care when, I don’t care where, book me in and send me a sponsorship form or platform and I will trek to raise money for my cause.

I have started to build a bucket list of the longest and most extreme treks to achieve in my bid to raise £25,000 by 2025 for my supporter group of The Brain Tumour Charity. But the big question people ask me is why do I do this?

            Every time I sign up for a trek it’s out of downright passion and drive to beat this darn disease which has stopped my life in its tracks and changed the course I was on entirely. Trekking is me carrying on down a trek and taking full control of my body. After every time I have signed up and calmed down from the initial excitement I am always covered in a wave of panic about my fundraising goals and the difficult training routine I have ahead of me. As I write this blog post now I am sat with a bandaged-up knee from a fall, currently taking time off from my training schedule for my 25km London Pathways Trek. The fundraising has barely started and I’m already in a flustered panic about reaching my goals both financially for the charity and physically to achieve my targets for this trek. Nothing will ever be as daunting as this was for Iceland Trek 2017 however.

            Long story short, the reason I trek is because you can come and support me. You can see from footage, the literal blood, sweat and tears that goes into my fundraising and the pure passion I have in preventing anyone in the future having a story like mine. I trek because I would walk to the end of the world if I could just save one life. I trek because £25,000 by 20205 is just the start of my life goals. I won’t stop trekking, I won’t stop fundraising, campaigning, blogging and lobbying my community together to support each other and encouraging awareness raising until brain tumours are just a worry of the past.

 <<<   Literal blood, sweat and tears here.


I know this is a big dream, but I was told I wouldn’t be alive now and I am. So therefore, I believe despite people telling me it can’t be done with just my efforts, I will continue to push forward in my efforts with support from the Young Ambassadors and charity around me until I am satisfied that we’ve successfully halved the harm and doubled the survival from brain tumours.

I won’t stop trekking, baking, blogging, hosting events or collecting stamps until my job is done. I can’t give up half way along the track, can I?

Thanks for popping over and giving my blog a read, Much love for all the support as always guys! Keep on spreading love and awareness around your communities! And don’t forget you can sponsor for me on my upcoming trek @ https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jensbridgetrek25km

**Here's my teary and painful reach of the top of my first incline Day Two (27km) in Iceland Trek 2017.



Comments

Popular Posts